Gulf Coast Area
Ingalls Shipbuilding, a division of Huntington Ingalls, is the largest manufacturing employer in both the states of Mississippi and Louisiana, and a major contributor to the economic growth of the state of Alabama as well. Its key locations include:
- Pascagoula, Mississippi: Surface combatants, amphibious assault and transport, CG, fleet support
- New Orleans, Louisiana: Surface combatants, amphibious assault and transport, auxiliaries
- Gulfport, Mississippi: Composite R&D and components
- San Diego, California: Continental Maritime, fleet support
Newport News/Hampton Roads
With vast facilities located on more than 550 acres along two miles of waterfront in Newport News, Virginia, Newport News Shipbuilding employees include third and fourth generation shipbuilders. It is the largest industrial employer in Virginia, and with a large staff of engineers, designers and technicians, Newport News is at the forefront of new ship technologies, specialized manufacturing capabilities and nuclear facility management.
Its operations also include three Huntington Ingalls Industries subsidiaries. AMSEC, a subsidiary of Ingalls Shipbuilding, is located in Virginia Beach.
- Newport News Energy
- Newport News Industrial
- Newport News Nuclear
- Continental Maritime
- The S.M. Stoller Corporation