We recognize and celebrate diversity and inclusion in our workforce and our communities. From national leaders to our employees, we believe everyone plays a vital role in embracing diversity and fostering inclusion.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (3rd Monday in January)
- African American History Month (February)
- Women’s History Month (March)
- Asian-Pacific American Heritage Month (May)
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Pride Month (June)
- Hispanic Heritage Month (mid-September to mid-October)
- National Disability Employment Awareness Month (October)
- Native American Heritage Month (November)
- Veteran’s Day (November 11)
AASA at Ingalls hosted a MLK celebration with keynote speaker Attorney Constance Slaughter-Harvey, the first African American female to receive a law degree from the University of Mississippi.
More than 30 structural craft leaders from Portsmouth, Norfolk, Puget Sound and Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyards met at Newport News Shipbuilding to share best practices.
D&I In The News
- “Unconscious Gender Bias Still Obstructs Women in Manufacturing.” Read the article from Industry Week
- “How to React to Biased Comments at Work.” Read the article from Harvard Business Review
- “5 Reasons Why Diversity and Inclusion Initiatives Fail.” Read the article from Entrepreneur
- “Why Employees Live in Fear.” Read the article from Forbes
- “The Pepsi Ad Debacle and Reminding Managers about Inclusion.” Read the article from Workforce
- “Too Many Men are Silent Bystanders to Sexual Harassment.” Read the article from Harvard Business Review
- “If Your Colleagues are Mostly Men or Mostly Women, That’s Not Good.” Read the story from USA Today
- Consciously Overcoming Unconscious Bias. Read the article at CIO.com
- 8 Steps to Embracing Thought Diversity. Read the story from Entrepreneur
- Why Diversity Is Good For Your Bottom Line. Read the story from Fortune magazine
- How To Close A Gender Gap: Let Employees Control Their Schedules. Read the story from The New York Times.
- Bridge The Gap: Communicating With A Multigenerational Workforce. Read the story from Business News Daily
- 9 Leadership Lessons From ‘Hidden Figures’ About Workplace Diversity And Inclusion. Read the story from Forbes
- Workplace Diversity And Inclusion Gets Innovative. Read the story from the Society for Human Resource Management
- 7 Ways Millennials Can Thrive In Your Workplace. Read the story from The North Bay Business Journal
- GE Earns An ACE For Its Inclusive Hiring Practices. Read the story from Healthcare IT News
VERG at Newport News participated in the Wreaths Across America (WAA) ceremony.
Ingalls representatives attended the Human Rights Campaign’s Business Summit.
SHIPS Network at Newport News hosted a 2016 Shutdown Social to celebrate a successful year of increased membership.
The articles and content shared on this page are not necessarily the opinions or beliefs of Huntington Ingalls Industries. The articles and content are provided for the purpose of generating consideration and discussion.