We recognize and celebrate diversity and inclusion in our workforce and our communities. From national leaders to our employees, we believe everyone plays a vital role in embracing diversity and fostering inclusion.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (Third Monday in January)
- African American History Month (February)
- Women’s History Month (March)
- Asian-Pacific American Heritage Month (May)
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Pride Month (June)
- Hispanic Heritage Month (mid-September to mid-October)
- National Disability Employment Awareness Month (October)
- Native American Heritage Month (November)
- Veteran’s Day (November 11)
AASA at Ingalls hosted a MLK celebration with keynote speaker Attorney Constance Slaughter-Harvey, the first African American female to receive a law degree from the University of Mississippi.
More than 30 structural craft leaders from Portsmouth, Norfolk, Puget Sound and Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyards met at Newport News Shipbuilding to share best practices.
D&I In The News
- “Why Our Brains Fall For False Expertise, And How To Stop It.” Read the article from Strategy + Business.
- “How Your Brain Can Trick You Into Trusting People.” Read the article from The New York Times.
- “Diversity And Inclusion Matters To The Workforce Of The Future.” Read the article from Forbes.
- “The first woman to interview for an NBA head coaching job proves the value of a great career sponsor.” Read the article from Quartz.
- “Why Your Organization Is Not Benefiting From Diversity — And How To Fix It.” Read the article from Forbes.
- “How Flexible Attitudes Can Help Disabled Staff Pull Their Weight.” Read the article from Financial Times.
- “6 Things Successful Women in STEM Have in Common.” Read the article from Harvard Business Review.
- “Unequal Pay, Unconscious Bias, And What To Do About It.” Read the article from Forbes.
- “Negotiating Alone Won’t Fix The Wage Gap.” Read the article from CNN.
- “5 Things We Learned About Creating A Successful Workplace Diversity Program.” Read the article from Harvard Business Review.
- “Research: CEOs with Diverse Networks Create Higher Firm Value.” Read the article from Harvard Business Review.
- “Unconscious Bias in Talent Reviews.” Read the article from Comstock.
- “How Black Women Describe Navigating Race and Gender in the Workplace.” Read the article from Harvard Business Review.
- “For Women And Minorities To Get Ahead, Managers Must Assign Work Fairly.” Read the article from Harvard Business Review.
- “Employees Want An Inclusive Workplace, But Employers Are Falling Short.” Read the article from HR Dive.
- “SXSW: Among Trips To Mars And Self Driving Cars, Diversity Stands Tall.” Read the article from B&T.
- “How Firms Can Do A Better Job Of Leveraging Diversity?” Listen to the Knowledge at Wharton podcast.
- “What Did Frances McDormand Mean By An ‘Inclusion Rider’ At The Oscars?” Read the article from The New York Times
- “International Women’s Day: We Need Daily Change To Make Equality Reality.” Read the article from Forbes
- “What The Data Says About Women In Management Between 1980 and 2010.” Read the article from Harvard Business Review
VERG at Newport News participated in the Wreaths Across America (WAA) ceremony.
Ingalls representatives attended the Human Rights Campaign’s Business Summit.
SHIPS Network at Newport News hosted a 2016 Shutdown Social to celebrate a successful year of increased membership.
The articles and content shared on this page are not necessarily the opinions or beliefs of Huntington Ingalls Industries. The articles and content are provided for the purpose of generating consideration and discussion.