We recognize and celebrate diversity and inclusion in our workforce and our communities. From national leaders to our employees, we believe everyone plays a vital role in embracing diversity and fostering inclusion.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (3rd Monday in January)
- African American History Month (February)
- Women’s History Month (March)
- Asian-Pacific American Heritage Month (May)
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Pride Month (June)
- Hispanic Heritage Month (mid-September to mid-October)
- National Disability Employment Awareness Month (October)
- Native American Heritage Month (November)
- Veteran’s Day (November 11)
VERG at Newport News participated in the Wreaths Across America (WAA) ceremony held at the Hampton National Cemetery.
Ingalls representatives attended and participated in a business panel at the Human Rights Campaign’s Business Summit.
D&I In The News
- 7 Ways Millennials Can Thrive In Your Workplace. Read the story from The North Bay Business Journal
- GE Earns An ACE For Its Inclusive Hiring Practices. Read the story from Healthcare IT News
- Can We Really Measure Implicit Bias? Maybe Not. Read the story from Chronicle
- HRC Holds Mississippi LGBTQ Workplace Inclusion Business Summit In Jackson. Read the story from the Human Rights Campaign
- Why Aren’t There More Women In Tech? A Tour Of Silicon Valley’s Leaky Pipeline. Read the story from NPR
- How The Best Companies Do Diversity Right. Read the story from Fortune
- An Employee Group On Disabilities Show Me How To Help My Son. Read the story from The Huffington Post
- Why Diversity Programs Backfire And How To Fix Them. Read the story from Fast Company
- Apple’s Holiday Ad Is All About Inclusion. Read the story from Tech Crunch
SHIPS Network at Newport News hosted a 2016 Shutdown Social to celebrate a successful year of increased membership.
The Veterans Employee Resource Groups at Ingalls and Newport News honored Veterans Day. Across the enterprise, 15 percent of HII’s workforce are military veterans.
Dr. Steve Robbins gave a presentation to the HII corporate office on unintentional intolerance and why D&I is key to businesses’ success.
Ingalls and Newport News employees attended the Executive Leadership Council’s Mid-Level Managers’ Symposium.
The articles and content shared on this page are not necessarily the opinions or beliefs of Huntington Ingalls Industries. The articles and content are provided for the purpose of generating consideration and discussion.