LX(R) revises the configuration of the LPD 17 Class Ship’s proven baseline design to provide adaptable space and weight for a full range of future mission requirements and payloads. LX(R) is a cost-effective alternative to a modified proven design.
What’s the same as LPD 17?
- Hull form and machinery spaces
- Overall ship dimensions
- Passageway width
- Arrangement of inclined ladders for ease of access
- Co-location of armories with troop berthing
- Overall high quality of life aboard
- Weapons capability
- Vehicle square, landing craft and aviation capability
How is LPD Derivative different than LSD?
- 8,000 sf more vehicle capacity than Harpers Ferry-class LSD
- Larger troop capability: 650 vs 500
- Improvement in general arrangements to better accommodate new mission capabilities
- Centralized hydraulics replaced with electric equipment and point of use hydraulic systems
- Significantly improved C4I capabilities
- SWAN network upgraded to CANES
- Legacy A/C replaced with more efficient plants
- Electronic Warfare enhanced with SEWIP and NULKA capability
- Enhanced flight deck, hangar and maintenance functions