COVID-19 Survivors’ Story: Warren and Sheila Outlaw
Aug. 31, 10:30 a.m.
Jennifer Boykin, president of Newport News Shipbuilding, announced that the company will hold a mandatory safety stand-down Sept. 1-2. “Safety defines our shipyard culture, and while practicing vigilance is key to ending COVID-19, it is also crucial in terms of general shipyard safety.” In her message, Boykin also released a new story featuring two shipbuilders, Sheila and Warren Outlaw.
NNS to Begin COVID-19 Testing
Aug. 27, 10 a.m.
Newport News Shipbuilding will begin COVID-19 testing to help ensure the safety and wellbeing of shipbuilders as they execute mission-critical work. Testing will begin on Monday, Aug. 31. Watch a Focus NNS breakout video and read frequently asked questions for additional information about the testing program.
NNS COVID-19 Update; Testing Information
Aug. 21, 11:45 a.m.
Newport News Shipbuilding President Jennifer Boykin shares data trends regarding COVID-19 and provides an update on future actions the company is taking to ensure the safety and wellbeing of shipbuilders as they execute mission-critical work.
Weekly Update from NNS President
Aug. 7, 12:30 p.m.
Jennifer Boykin, president of Newport News Shipbuilding, makes several announcements about COVID-19 communications and expectations going forward. “My commitment remains to provide timely and transparent information whenever new decisions are made.”
Unpaid COVID Leave of Absence at NNS
Aug. 6, 2:30 p.m.
Susan Jacobs, vice president, human resources and administration at Newport News Shipbuilding, describes a longer-term approach for how to safely operate as we have learned the virus will be with us for the foreseeable future.
Weekly Update from Jennifer Boykin
July 31, 2:30 p.m.
Jennifer Boykin, president of Newport News Shipbuilding, shared additional actions NNS is taking to help slow the spread of the virus and also provided an update on leave decisions.
How to Safely Wear and Take Off a Cloth Face Covering
July 31, 11 a.m.
Ingalls Shipbuilding shares documents providing helpful information on how to properly wear and take off a cloth face covering.
Weekly Update from Jennifer Boykin
July 24, 5:20 p.m.
Jennifer Boykin, president of Newport News Shipbuilding, summarized information from the week and answered frequently asked questions. “As we approach month five of the pandemic, many of us may be feeling a sense of COVID-19 “fatigue.” Wearing our masks, social distancing and regularly washing or sanitizing our hands are just as important as wearing our hard hats, safety glasses and steel toe shoes.”
Quarantine, Masks and Social Distancing Questions Answered
July 24, 12:15 p.m.
Dr. Steve Apostoles, Newport News Shipbuilding’s medical director, and Dru Branche, director of Environmental, Health, Safety and Security, answer employee questions regarding quarantine policies, mask wearing and social distancing.
NNS to Return to a Three-Shift Schedule in August
July 22, 1:25 p.m.
Jennifer Boykin, president of Newport News Shipbuilding, provides details about the company’s return to a three-shift schedule in August. “The shift schedule is designed to provide one-hour gaps on both sides of first shift for cleaning and to spread the workforce during shift change. We will continue to follow CDC guidelines of social distancing, wearing a mask, and continual cleaning across all three shifts.”
NNS COVID-19 Update
July 21, 12 p.m.
Newport News Shipbuilding confirmed 30 new cases for July 20. In a message to employees, NNS President Jennifer Boykin provided details about the cases and what the company is doing beyond continuing to deep clean and enable personal hygiene. She also encouraged employees to continue sending feedback to company’s ideas mailbox.
Aug. 28: Staying Safe While Celebrating
Labor Day weekend is a time to socialize with family and friends, but don’t let your guard down. Health experts from across HII — including Kyle Hopf, EH&S Director for Technical Solutions — provide advice on ways to enjoy the long weekend while reducing your risk for COVID-19. Watch the video | Read the transcript
- Aug 11: Meet Dr. Vijay Subramanium | Read the transcript
- July 11: COVID-19 Survivor’s Story | Read the transcript
- June 19: Focuss NNS: Coronavirus Discussion
- May 17: Cleaning Between Shifts at NNS | Read the transcript
- May 7: Message from Mike Petters | Read the transcript
- May 5: Temperature Screenings Begin at NNS | Read transcript
- April 29: Temperature Screenings at NNS: What to Expect | Read the FAQs | Read transcript
- April 22: PPE Efforts at Newport News Shipbuilding | Read transcript
- April 15: Mike Petters Discusses COVID-19, Supply Chains with CNBC
- April 13: Hand Sanitizer For Shipbuilders | Read transcript
- April 7: NNS Sail Loft Team Answering the Call | Read transcript
- April 5: Message From HII President and CEO Mike Petters | Read transcript
- April 3: Ask Andy Green – Powering through COVID-19 | Read transcript
- April 1: Focus NNS: Resources Available to Employees | Read transcript
- March 31: Ingalls Shipbuilding Daily Cleaning Report Gallery
- March 29: Message from HII President and CEO Mike Petters | Read transcript
- March 26: NNS Social Distancing Plans, Leave Options and Realities of a Shipyard Shutdown | Read transcript
- March 25: Message From Andy Green to Technical Solutions Employees | Read transcript
- March 22: Message from HII President and CEO Mike Petters | Read transcript
- March 22: Weekend Cleaning at Newport News Shipbuilding | Read transcript
- March 20: Message From Jennifer Boykin to NNS Workforce: “Our Work is Mission Essential” | Read transcript
- March 19: Sanitization Efforts at NNS | Read transcript
- March 16: NNS President and Medical Director Discuss Coronavirus Response | Read transcript
- March 16: Message from HII President and CEO Mike Petters | Read transcript
- Working From Home: Router Security Tips Updated July 16, 2020
- COVID-19 Benefits Updates Updated May 21, 2020
- Mental Health Resources for Employees and Families Updated May 19, 2020
- Health Care Options For HII Employees and Families Updated May 5, 2020
- Avoiding 401(K) Scam Calls Updated April 29, 2020
- Family Activity Pack, courtesy of Mercer Updated April 23, 2020
- Cleaning Your Electronic Devices Updated March 25, 2020
- Avoiding Scams in Times of Pandemic Updated March 22, 2020
- COVID-19 FAQs Updated March 17, 2020
Division COVID-19 Company Information
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) COVID-19 Portal
- CDC: COVID-19 Disease Symptoms and Self-Checker
- CDC: Get Your Household Ready
- CDC: Protect Your Family
- CDC: Protect Your Home
- World Health Organization