Information Regarding VA and NC Stay at Home Orders
March 30, 4:50 p.m.
Newport News Shipbuilding provided information for employees regarding Virginia and North Carolina stay at home orders. The message reminded employees that NNS operations are considered critical to national defense and therefore employees can leave their residence to commute to and from work.
Memo From Karen Velkey to All HII Employees: Loss of Benefits as a Qualified Life Event
March 30, 4:30 p.m.
Karen Velkey, HII corporate vice president, benefits and compensation, reminds HII employees of their family’s options if a family member loses benefits coverage from another employer.
New Guidance on Liberal Leave at Newport News Shipbuilding and Other Changes to Come
March 30, 2:15 p.m.
NNS President Jennifer Boykin provides new guidance on liberal leave. In a message sent to employees, she wrote, “Given the anticipated prolonged nature of this pandemic, we will continue to change our normal business operations to maximize social distancing and keep the working environment safe while progressing mission-essential work.”
Liberal Leave Extended to May 1 at Ingalls Shipbuilding
March 30, 8:45 a.m.
Due to continued school closure notifications related to the coronavirus, Ingalls has extended its liberal leave policy through Friday, May 1, 2020. Remember that your job will be secure. You can take PTO/Vacation or unpaid leave without penalty. Absences are excused.
Remember, if you are not at work and you aren’t feeling well, or have fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath or sore throat, PLEASE DO NOT COME TO WORK! Call your primary healthcare provider, TELADOC at 1-800-835-2362, or QuadMed at (228) 205-7700 for appropriate consultation and treatment. Then please call Ingalls Medical Department at (228) 935-3841 with any updated information, so that the Company can take immediate steps to help prevent the spread of the virus. Do not return to work unless you have been cleared to return by the Ingalls Medical Department.
Please contact your supervisor if you decide to take Liberal Leave.
March 29: Message From Mike Petters
- COVID-19 Benefits Updates Updated March 30, 2020
- Cleaning Your Electronic Devices Updated March 25, 2020
- Avoiding Scams in Times of Pandemic Updated March 22, 2020
- COVID-19 Benefits Updates Updated March 18, 2020
- COVID-19 FAQs Updated March 17, 2020
Division COVID-19 Company Updates
- COVID-19 Information from Ingalls Shipbuilding | Confirmed Cases at Ingalls Shipbuilding Updated daily
- COVID-19 Information from Newport News Shipbuilding | Newport News Shipbuilding Confirmed Cases Updated daily
- COVID-19 Information from Technical Solutions
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) COVID-19 Portal
- CDC: COVID-19 Disease Symptoms and Self-Checker
- CDC: Get Your Household Ready
- CDC: Protect Your Family
- CDC: Protect Your Home
- World Health Organization