We recognize and celebrate diversity and inclusion in our workforce and our communities. From national leaders to our employees, we believe everyone plays a vital role in embracing diversity and fostering inclusion.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (Third Monday in January)
- African American History Month (February)
- Women’s History Month (March)
- Asian-Pacific American Heritage Month (May)
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Pride Month (June)
- Hispanic Heritage Month (mid-September to mid-October)
- National Disability Employment Awareness Month (October)
- Native American Heritage Month (November)
- Veteran’s Day (November 11)
AASA at Ingalls hosted a MLK celebration with keynote speaker Attorney Constance Slaughter-Harvey, the first African American female to receive a law degree from the University of Mississippi.
More than 30 structural craft leaders from Portsmouth, Norfolk, Puget Sound and Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyards met at Newport News Shipbuilding to share best practices.
D&I In The News
- “How Black Women Describe Navigating Race and Gender in the Workplace.” Read the article from Harvard Business Review.
- “For Women And Minorities To Get Ahead, Managers Must Assign Work Fairly.” Read the article from Harvard Business Review.
- “Employees Want An Inclusive Workplace, But Employers Are Falling Short.” Read the article from HR Dive.
- “SXSW: Among Trips To Mars And Self Driving Cars, Diversity Stands Tall.” Read the article from B&T.
- “How Firms Can Do A Better Job Of Leveraging Diversity?” Listen to the Knowledge at Wharton podcast.
- “What Did Frances McDormand Mean By An ‘Inclusion Rider’ At The Oscars?” Read the article from The New York Times
- “International Women’s Day: We Need Daily Change To Make Equality Reality.” Read the article from Forbes
- “What The Data Says About Women In Management Between 1980 and 2010.” Read the article from Harvard Business Review
- “Diversity And Authenticity.” Read the article from Harvard Business Review
- “The Growing Acceptance Of Autism In The Workplace.” Read the article from CBS News
- “Bias Impacts Your Credibility—But You Can Counteract It.” Read the article from Chicago Tribune
- “How To Elevate Women In The Workplace.” Read the article from MH&L
- “What Should Inclusion Really Look Like In The Workplace?” Read the article from Forbes
- “3 Ways Gen Z Will Start To Change The Workplace in 2018.” Read the article from HR Technologist
- “Gender Discrimination Comes In Many Forms For Today’s Working Women.” Read the report from Pew Research Center
- “Is It Time To Talk About Race And Religion At Work?” Read the article from HR Magazine
- “Women CEOs Share Defining Traits, Report Says.” Read the article from Chief Executive
- “10 Ways You’re Getting Workplace Diversity Wrong (And How To Get It Right.” Read the article from IT World
- “Viewpoint: How to Build Trust in a Diverse Culture.” Read the article from Society for Human Resource Management
- “Why Social Pain Hurts Your Workplace Performance (And How To Avoid It).” Read the article from Forbes
- “What Role Do Men Play In Creating Diversity In The Workplace?” Read the article from Forbes
VERG at Newport News participated in the Wreaths Across America (WAA) ceremony.
Ingalls representatives attended the Human Rights Campaign’s Business Summit.
SHIPS Network at Newport News hosted a 2016 Shutdown Social to celebrate a successful year of increased membership.
The articles and content shared on this page are not necessarily the opinions or beliefs of Huntington Ingalls Industries. The articles and content are provided for the purpose of generating consideration and discussion.