We recognize and celebrate diversity and inclusion in our workforce and our communities. From national leaders to our employees, we believe everyone plays a vital role in embracing diversity and fostering inclusion.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (Third Monday in January)
- African American History Month (February)
- Women’s History Month (March)
- Asian-Pacific American Heritage Month (May)
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Pride Month (June)
- Hispanic Heritage Month (mid-September to mid-October)
- National Disability Employment Awareness Month (October)
- Native American Heritage Month (November)
- Veteran’s Day (November 11)
AASA at Ingalls hosted a MLK celebration with keynote speaker Attorney Constance Slaughter-Harvey, the first African American female to receive a law degree from the University of Mississippi.
More than 30 structural craft leaders from Portsmouth, Norfolk, Puget Sound and Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyards met at Newport News Shipbuilding to share best practices.
D&I In The News
- “5 Ways Bosses Can Reduce The Stigma Of Mental Health At Work.” Read the article from Harvard Business Review.
- “Wisdom At Work: Why The Modern Elder Is Relevant.” Read the article from Knowledge@Wharton.
- “4 Ways To Expand Inclusion Of People With Disabilities.” Read the article from The SHRM Blog.
- “Survey: What Diversity And Inclusion Policies Do Employees Actually Want?” Read the article from Harvard Business Review.
- “#MeToo, Fear, And The Future Of Women’s Leadership.” Read the article from Forbes.
- “Finding The Why In Diversity And Inclusion.” Read the article from Forbes.
- “Stop Counting Women: Quotas And Tallies Won’t Bring Real Progress On Gender Parity.” Read the article from The New York Times.
- “How Women Took Over The Military Industrial Complex.” Read the article from Politico.
- “What’s In Store For Corporate Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in 2019?” Read the article from Medium.
- “How To Debate Ideas Productively At Work.” Read the article from Harvard Business Journal.
- “How Women Leaders Change Company Dynamics.” Read the article from Forbes.“13 Ways To Be More Inclusive Of Talent With Learning Disabilities.” Read the article from Forbes.
- “Men Should Champion Gender Equality – Three Men Tell Us Why.” Read the article from Forbes.
- “To Retain Employees, Focus on Inclusion — Not Just Diversity.” Read the article from Harvard Business Review.
- “Risha Grant: Black Women Need Allies In The Workplace.” Read the article from Black Enterprise.
- “3 Requirements for a Diverse and Inclusive Culture.” Read the article from Gallup
- “Why Companies Should Add Class to Their Diversity Discussions.” Read the article from Harvard Business Journal.
- “Benefits Planning a Must to Enhance Diversity in the Workplace.” Read the article from Workforce.
- “It Takes an Army: Women in Oil, Gas Encouraged to Mentor Others in Industry.” Read the article Rigzone.
- “Making a business case for diversity and inclusion.” Read the article from The Virginian-Pilot.
- “Five Things You Can Do To Improve Diversity And Inclusion At Your Company Today, Like Right Now, This Moment.” Read the article from Chicago Tribune.
- “Who Are You Overlooking In Your Diversity And Inclusion Plan?” Read the article from HR Dive.
VERG at Newport News participated in the Wreaths Across America (WAA) ceremony.
Ingalls representatives attended the Human Rights Campaign’s Business Summit.
SHIPS Network at Newport News hosted a 2016 Shutdown Social to celebrate a successful year of increased membership.
The articles and content shared on this page are not necessarily the opinions or beliefs of Huntington Ingalls Industries. The articles and content are provided for the purpose of generating consideration and discussion.