Huntington Ingalls Industries is America’s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII’s Newport News and Ingalls shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII’s Technical Solutions division provides a wide range of professional services through its Fleet Support, Integrated Missions Solutions, Nuclear & Environmental, and Oil & Gas groups. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs more than 39,000 people operating both domestically and internationally.
Watch the video below:
- Builder of the most complex ships in the world for 132 years at Newport News, and 80 years at Ingalls.
- Sole builder of U.S. Navy aircraft carriers, the world’s largest warships, and one of two builders constructing nuclear-powered submarines.
- Exclusive provider of refueling services for nuclear-powered aircraft carriers, at the forefront of new ship technologies, specialized manufacturing capabilities and nuclear facility management.
- Largest industrial employer in Virginia and Mississippi, and an employer in Louisiana and Alabama.
- Largest supplier of U.S. Navy surface combatants—has built more than 70 percent of Navy fleet of warships.
- Builder-of-record for 35 DDG 51 class Aegis guided missile destroyers.
- Builder of record for the LHA 6 class large-deck amphibious ships and the sole builder of the Navy’s newest fleet of the San Antonio (LPD 17) class amphibious assault ships.
- Builder-of-record for the flagship of the U.S. Coast Guard – the National Security Cutter.
- Provider of a wide variety of products and services to the nuclear energy, oil and gas markets, including Department of Energy
- Provider of mission critical and practical solutions to a wide variety of government and commercial customers worldwide through Technical Solutions.
- Unrivalled experience in modular engineering and construction with innovative new solutions for upstream, midstream and downstream energy infrastructure.
- Employs approximately 5,000 engineers and designers.
Download & Print
Huntington Ingalls Industries Facts Updated Aug. 2, 2018
Ingalls Shipbuilding Facts Updated Aug. 2, 2018
Newport News Shipbuilding Facts Updated Aug. 2, 2018
Technical Solutions Facts Updated Aug. 2, 2018
Building a Culture of Wellness
Because our employees are critical to our success, we are making long-term commitments to their health and wellness, and that of their families. Watch the video to find out how.