Following are general Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about our application process:
Where do I go to apply for jobs with Huntington Ingalls?
To apply please visit www.buildyourcareer.com
I had an account before and now I can’t seem to log in, why?
If you created your account before 2/29/12, you will have to create a new account as we are now on a different system.
I have forgotten my password or username, can you reset it?
Please try using the “forgot your username?” and/or “forgot your password?” links to reset.
The “forgot your password?” link is not sending me an email to reset my password, why?
- The system sends the reset instructions to the email address on your profile. If your email address has changed, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting assistance.
- If you have entered an incorrect password 3 times, the system will lock your account for approximately 30 minutes and not send you instructions to reset your password. After that, you may try the “forgot your password” link again. If you still don’t receive an email with reset instructions, please send an e-mail to email@example.com requesting assistance.
I would like to get my application status.
Please log into your account, via the section you originally applied, and click on “Applications”. Here you will see your “Submitted Applications”. Your status is displayed for each job you have applied to, however, you may also click on the tile and a timeline will be displayed.
I need access to Kenexa because I am a hiring manager or requisition creator, what do I need to do?
You will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org and request access. You will be sent a form to fill out and will need to complete LX training online, if an NNS employee. System users at AMSEC or Ingalls should contact their Talent Acquisition representative for training.
May I please get contact information to a recruiter so that I may ask questions about career progression?
Unfortunately, due to the volume of calls and inquiries we are unable to give out HR contact information. Each position has minimum and preferred qualifications that should help you know if your experience makes you a good fit for that position.
When filling out my application the system freezes or gives me a blank screen, what can I do?
Our Careers site is internet based, and sometimes there can be connection problems – close your browser and try again.
I had to create a new account and now I do not see any of the jobs I previously applied to, how can I see them to check status?
If you have more than one username, you would need to login under each username to view your job submission statuses. If you remember your usernames, you can use the “forgot password” feature.
I forgot to add some things to my application, how can I go back and edit this information?
After submitting your application, unfortunately you are unable to go back and edit it. If you need to upload documents, you may log into your account and click on “Resume/CV Manager” and upload your documents there.
What do the different job submission statuses mean?
- Application Submitted for Review – We have received your application. Please log into your account for application status updates.
- Application Under Consideration – Your application is currently being reviewed by members of our Talent Acquisition and Hiring teams. Please log into your account for application status updates.
- Interview – Your interview has been scheduled. If you have already completed your interview, feedback is still pending.
- Offer/Onboarding – Congratulations! You should find details about your offer in your candidate portal, message archives or email. If you have already accepted your offer, you will receive information to begin the Onboarding process. We appreciate your patience during this time.
- Hired – You have completed your onboarding process. Welcome to the team!
- No Longer Under Consideration – Unfortunately, after careful consideration, you have not been selected for this position. We appreciate your time and attention to our process and hope you consider other opportunities we have available.
- Candidate Not Interested or Withdrawn – You were withdrawn from this opportunity. Thank you for considering our company.
Who may I speak to about apprenticeships with Ingalls in Pascagoula, MS?
You may contact the Pascagoula employment line at 1-800-626-4541
I would like to withdraw my application from consideration for a position, how can I do that?
Please click here and indicate what requisition number and job title from which you would like to be withdrawn.
Still Need Help?
Submit your question here.